There are many ways to enjoy Forza Horizon 5, be it driving smoothly or destroying the landscape. But what isn’t fun is when you have the whole game installed, a proper internet connection but are still unable to play it. And this issue is being faced by many players recently. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix “Cannot open because it is Offline error” in Forza Horizon 5 (FH5).
Forza Horizon 5 Cannot Open because it is Offline error Fix
There are a few ways through which you can fix this issue. One is by resetting the app and updating it, the next is updating the drivers and the last is by reinstalling the game.
- Resetting the App and updating it:
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left side of the screen and search for Settings.
- Open Settings and go to Apps. Under Apps and Features look for Forza Horizon 5.
- Click on Forza Horizon 5 and click on Advanced options.
- Here click on Reset. This will give you a warning that says it will delete app data including your preferences.
- Confirm Reset.
- Open the Xbox App and look for Forza Horizon 5.
- Once you find it click on install and it will start downloading the update. Thanks to user u/ReformedLevik on Reddit for this fix. You can check the entire discussion in the Reddit thread here.
- Update your Drivers: Update your system’s drivers and try playing the game again. This fix worked for user Christopher Revoredo Gutiérrez on Microsoft forums, you can check the discussion here.
- Reinstall the game: If the above fixes don’t work for you then the only other fix available right now for you is to reinstall the game.
That covers this guide on how to fix Cannot open because it is Offline error for Forza Horizon 5 (FH5). If you like playing this game then be sure to check out our other guides on Cars with Super Wheelspins perk and all bonus boards locations in Forza Horizon 5.