There are times when you would want to revisit a recipe or comedy video you watched on Instagram Reels. However, Instagram doesn’t officially have a feature that effortlessly keeps track of all the Reels you have watched on the platform. Having said that, there are two effective ways to find the Instagram Reels you have watched. So read on to find out how to check your Instagram Reels watch history.
Check Your Instagram Reels Watch History (2022)
View Instagram Reels You Have Liked (Android, iOS)
One way of keeping track of your Instagram Reels watch history is through your liked Reels. You can check out the posts you have liked to revisit a Reel later. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Instagram app and switch to your profile section. Now, tap the hamburger menu (horizontal three lines) at the top-right corner and choose “Settings”.
2. From the Settings page, press the search box, search for “Manage Likes”, and tap on the result. Instagram has moved the likes section from Account -> Posts You’ve Liked to “Manage likes”.
3. You will now see all the posts you’ve recently liked. You can then locate the Reels you’ve liked here to keep track of your Reels watch history.
4. Instagram also lets you sort and filter your liked posts. To get started, tap on the “Sort & filter” option at the top-right corner.
5. You can now sort your liked posts by newest to oldest and oldest to newest. You also get the option to specify start and end dates to view liked posts from a specific time period. This should come in handy when looking for Instagram Reels you liked in a particular month.
Check Saved Instagram Reels to Track Watch History
You can also choose to save Reels you find interesting. While this takes another step than directly liking a post, it helps you organize the Reels you want to watch later. Here’s how to save Instagram Reels to build a watch history:
1. To save an Instagram Reel, tap the vertical three dots menu and choose “Save”. You will now find the Reel in your saved posts section.
2. To access your saved Reels, switch to your profile section, tap the hamburger menu at the top-right corner, and select “Saved”.
3. You will now see all the posts you have saved on the platform. Tap on “All Posts” to view all your saved posts. You can then switch to the Reels tab to view all the Reels you have saved so far.
4. You can also create a collection of your favorite Reels. To do that, tap the ‘+’ icon, choose the videos, and name the collection. You will see your new collection on the homepage of the “Saved” section. You can use this to curate Reels that fit the same theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I download Instagram activity to check Reels watch history?
No, you won’t find your watch history when you request your Instagram information. Instead, what you will see in the reels.html file you download from Instagram is the history of the Reels you have uploaded to the platform.
Q: Can you see what Reels you’ve watched on Instagram?
Instagram doesn’t natively have a watch history option for Reels. However, you can check your liked Reels and saved Reels as workarounds to check your Reels watch history.
Q: How to rewatch Instagram Reels?
You can like an Instagram Reel and find it under the “Manage likes” tab to rewatch later.
Check your Instagram Reels Watch History
So those are two ways to check your Instagram Reels watch history on Android and iOS. Although it’s not effortless, liking or saving Reels are neat workarounds to revisit a short video you liked in the future. Meanwhile, if you are a budding creator, don’t forget to check our list of the best Instagram Reels tips and tricks to use the feature to the fullest.
In March earlier this year, Garmin launched its Instinct 2 smartwatch series in India. Of the latest models in the Instinct 2 lineup, the company launched two variants with solar charging. Yeah, the Instinct Solar has solar charging support, and […]
If you are a gamer who travels around, you might find yourself in a tight spot. Most gaming components perform but do so after weighing in a few kilos at the least. Well, laptop makers in 2022 recognized the need […]
The digital world is essentially a slippery slope in 2022. One wrong step online, and before you know it, your data and your identity might be at risk. However, many rely on Virtual Private Networks (or VPNs) to mask their […]